- 1 What pizza goes with red wine?
- 2 What do you drink with pizza in Italy?
- 3 Does pinot noir go with pizza?
- 4 What Alcohol goes well with pizza?
- 5 What goes better with pizza beer or wine?
- 6 What should I serve with pizza?
- 7 Which Italian wine goes best with pizza?
- 8 Can you drink prosecco with pizza?
- 9 What Italian wine goes with pizza?
- 10 Does Beaujolais go with pizza?
- 11 Is Barbera wine good with pizza?
- 12 Does Gamay go with pizza?
- 13 What soda goes best with pizza?
- 14 Can you drink lemonade with pizza?
- 15 What bourbon goes good with pizza?
What pizza goes with red wine?
Cheese Pizza A classic slice of cheese pizza with red sauce is the quintessential New York slice. The red sauce becomes the focal point of the wine pairing because of its acidity and intense flavor. A GSM will work great —by the way, GSM is the acronym for the blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre.
What do you drink with pizza in Italy?
Italians drink beer with pizza. This does not violate the Italian Food Rule: Wine or Water, Nothing Else, because pizza is not a meal.
Does pinot noir go with pizza?
“A smooth and rich pinot pairs perfectly with cheeseburgers alone or on a pizza. The flavor of the ground meat paired with a flavorful pinot noir is similar to the flavors of enjoying a steak dinner.”
What Alcohol goes well with pizza?
Here is your top 5 list of the Best Cocktails for Pizza:
- Mozzarella Pizza And Dry Vodka Martini. Mozzarella is a mild and creamy Italian cheese.
- Seafood Pizza and Classic Mojito.
- Hawaiian Pizza And Tequila Sunrise.
- Pepperoni Pizza and Negroni.
- All Herb Pizza and Manhattan.
What goes better with pizza beer or wine?
We’re a wine website so we’re going to lean towards wine as the better pairing for pizza than beer. However, both certainly have their positives. You’re just as likely to enjoy a slice with an ice-cold beer as you are to enjoy one with an interesting glass of Italian red wine.
What should I serve with pizza?
You’ll find the best side dishes for pizza from Giordano’s with delicious options like:
- Caesar Salad. For a fresh side dish for pizza, go for something light from the salad section of our menu.
- Chicken Wings.
- Fried Mozzarella Triangles.
- Garlic Parmesan Fries.
- Giordano’s Sampler.
Which Italian wine goes best with pizza?
Pairing Wine with Classic Italian Pizza
- WINE: Fiano di Avellino. Fiano di Avellino, Ciro Picarello 2013 ~$25.
- WINE: Barolo. Barolo, Bartolo Mascarello 1998 ~$250.
- WINE: Lambrusco di Sorbara. Lambrusco di Sorbara “Vecchie Modena” Cleto Chiarli 2014 $16.
- WINE: Etna Bianco Superiore.
- WINE: Collio Bianco.
Can you drink prosecco with pizza?
WHITE PIZZA: Pizza bianca, or “white pizza,” pairs well with white wines like Pinot Grigio, Falanghina, and even Prosecco.
What Italian wine goes with pizza?
Wine and pizza pairing: The basics If you’re keen to go for Italian reds, then that could be Barbera d’Asti, light styles of Sangiovese or even Frappato from Sicily. You could also consider Gamay, either from Beaujolais or from other corners of the wine world, such as Oregon or Stellenbosch.
Does Beaujolais go with pizza?
Morgon, Beaujolais Grand Cru Pairs best with: “A charred Neapolitan pizza topped with roasted vegetables or spicy salami.”
Is Barbera wine good with pizza?
Barbera pairs with almost everything. It is a medium-bodied, fruity varietal that has enough acid and body to pair with almost any dish. A barbera I love to pair with this pizza is the Marchesi di Barolo, Barbera d’ Alba, Ruvei ($16).
Does Gamay go with pizza?
Gamay wines also have a delicious earthiness, which is another plus when eating pizza.
What soda goes best with pizza?
The Best Sodas to Pair with Pizza
- Coca-Cola. Peanut butter and jelly.
- Sprite. Sprite and similar brands of lemon-lime soda are prized pizza partners for their refreshing qualities.
- Ginger Ale. Some find cola and other common soft drinks to be a bit too sweet to pair with a savory slice of pizza.
- Orange soda.
- Don’t feel like soda?
Can you drink lemonade with pizza?
If carbonation doesn’t sit well with you — but you crave a sweet beverage to pair with your pizza — lemonade is a libation you should consider matching with your pie. Best if fresh-squeezed, this sour-but-sweet citrus beverage is exceedingly refreshing, and will help you wash down a piping hot slice, no problem.
What bourbon goes good with pizza?
So for a standard supreme pizza, a lighter Canadian or Irish whiskey, perhaps with a little ice or water, makes a refreshing, palate-restoring companion.